Disclaimer: Because certain literature, materials, and websites are made available or advertised, it does not necessarily mean that Silent Word Ministries endorses the contents in reference to morals, philosophy, scientific content, theology, or Biblical separation. Silent Word Ministries’ position in these areas is fundamental and well-known. Articles of faith may be obtained upon request.
The following are listed for your information and knowledge.
Deaf Ministry Sites
- Bill Rice Ranch – Summer camps (for deaf and hearing)
- DBFA – Deaf Baptist Fellowship of America
- DBLR – Deaf Baptist Ladies Retreat – Independent Baptist churches host Deaf Ladies Retreats throughout the United States in October just before Columbus Day.
- D.E.A.F. Inc – Deaf Evangelism And Fellowship, Inc. is a fundamental, evangelical organization concerned with propagating the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the Deaf as revealed in the Scriptures.
- Deaf Ministries Connection – List by Earl and Shirley Wilbers. Deaf Ministries Connection focus is on connecting people. The goal is for people to find Deaf Ministries easily.
- Deaf World Missions – A blog about Deaf missions.
- Directory of Deaf Churches/Ministries – A list maintained by Hampshire View Baptist Deaf Church, Silver Spring, Maryland.
- Harvest Deaf Ministries – Deaf school (Pre-K through college) and church in Ringgold, Georgia.
- ReachTheDeaf.com – Equipping, Encouraging and Engaging Christian Leaders to Reach the Deaf, Joe Kotvas & Cody Holland
- Romans’ Road For the Deaf – A group of deaf people who travel to Deaf Expos, Fairs, and Festivals, sharing the Gospel.
- Living Waters – Ray Comfort – Tracts and Other Helps in the Area of Evangelism.
- Firm Foundations – New Tribes Material for Chronological Bible Study; Highly Recommended for Deaf Around the World & for Others.
- Answers in Genesis – Answers about creation
- ROGMA International -ROGMA International provides Bible studies in Special English (simple, for people who use English as a second language) and gives certificates for courses completed.
- OpenDNS – leading provider of free security and infrastructure services that make the Internet safer through integrated Web content filtering, anti-phishing and DNS. OpenDNS services enable consumers and network administrators to secure their networks from online threats, reduce costs and enforce Internet-use policies. OpenDNS is used today by millions of users and organizations around the world.
- Free Computer Operating Systems – As some of you know, Jon Barr prefers Linux to Windows (any version). In Fantastic Saturdays, that is the system he uses.
- Ubuntu requires a more modern computer. It is is a modern, great-looking, secure, easy-to-use operating system that powers desktops, servers, netbooks and laptops.
- Linux Mint can be run on both new and older computers, and may be the easiest Linux operating system for beginners. (Jon’s choice system, 2015)
- Read more about other FREE Linux-based operating systems
- NitroPDF Reader – “Do everything you expect with a PDF reader, and then some. Create PDF files from any source easily. Sign them securely. Then collaborate with anyone, anywhere.”
Other Helpful Resources
- Learn & Master ASL Program – “A comprehensive course to learn all about this beautiful and expressive language…learn vocabulary, practice signing and reception skills with sentences, questions, dialogues, and narratives…Over 2000 vocabulary words…expansion features in ASL, finger spelling, numbers, and facts about Deaf culture.”
- Caring.com – Assisted Living, Senior Living, Home Care, and Caregiver Support