Why Are Things
The Way They Are?
Or Useless Information!
(From SWM MB58 $1)
26. Why Are Some Presidents Known By Their Three Initials? Example: Lydon Baines Johnson (LBJ). Because the two inch printing space of a newspaper. A president whose long name cannot be printed on one line of a newspaper column is given three initials as Dwight David Eisenhower (DDE). Other three initial presidents: FDR, HST, or JFK, but not these RMN, JEC, RWR, GWB or BHO. Can you name them?
27. Why Is Salvation Only In Jesus Christ? Because the Bible declares it. “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved” (Acts 4:12).
28. Why Is Elvis Presley’s Middle Name Misspelled On His Tombstone? The name Elvis Aaron Presley is his true birth certificate name, but he changed his name to Aron in tribute to his dead twin brother Garon (without the G).
29. Why Are Assassins Printed With Their Middle Names? Examples: Lee Harvey Oswald, John Wilkes Booth, James Earl Ray. Because reporters fear libel suits. So they print the full name exactly as it is written on the police report.
30. Why Is It Called A “Lollipop?”The candy sucker or “Lollipop” was named after a winning racehorse named “Lollipop.”
31. Why Are So Many Numbers On Credit Cards? There are now 16 numbers on credit cards (Year 2007). The odds of anyone writing down someone’s number is one in 150,000.
32. Why Do Turkeys Have Dark Meat In Their Legs? Because it is the same in all animals. Muscles that do a lot of work are darker than inactive muscles. Turkeys don’t fly much, so their legs get a lot of workouts.
33. Why Is It Called “Jello?”
In 1897, Pearl Wait began selling a flavored gelatin. The name “Jell” came from Wait’s wife who may have thought that gelatin started with a “J” and later the “O” was added for merchandising purposes.
Send For All The Book